Curried Egg Prams
Yummy Curried Egg Prams… Amazing Baby Shower Snack
(makes 12 prams)
The cutest bite-size snack out there!
- 1 dozen large free-range eggs
- ½ Lebanese cucumber, very finely diced
- ½ stick celery, very finely diced
- ¼ red apple, very finely diced
- 2 spring onions, ends trimmed, very finely sliced
- 2 tbsp whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sour cream or natural Greek style yoghurt
- 3 tsp or to taste, curry powder
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 long thin carrots, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- flat leaf parsley leaves, or 1 punnet mung beans to serve
- extra curry powder, salt and pepper to serve
- little baby dolls for decoration
Boil your eggs in a large saucepan for about 8 minutes. Once they’re completely hard, drain them and de-shell once cooled.
To form the ‘pram’, carefully remove a piece of the egg. Cut from the pointy end to the rounded end on the upper side of the egg. Don’t go all the way! Then cut downwards on the upper side of the egg to the point where your first cut ended. Now it should be easy to remove the piece. Put it aside in a ‘cut-offs’ bowl.
Carefully using a small teaspoon, dig out the remaining egg yolk and place in the ‘cut-off’ bowl.
For the filling: Combine the cut-offs and egg yolks with your cucumber, celery, apple, spring onions, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon, curry powder, salt and pepper. Mix well and break up the egg pieces to the texture you like (a little chunky is nice).
Spoon the filling back into the prams. Using toothpicks attach the sliced carrots for wheels, add a caper as the hub cap. To cover the tooth pick end.
Arrange the prams over the parsley leaves or mung beans. Scatter with a little extra curry powder and salt and pepper
Top with a toy ‘baby’ decoration and chill until serving.
You’ll be off and racing with these egg mini edible prams!
Note: Be sure to tell your guests there are tooth picks in the prams